College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
Bill or Act:
Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Act, 1991
Summary of Proposal:
Under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and the Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Act, 1991 the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) is responsible for governing the self-regulating professions of audiology and speech-language pathology in Ontario.
Under these Acts, CASLPO may make regulations on a variety of subject matters, including advertising, subject to the prior review by the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care and the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
Summary of Proposal
The College is proposing the following provisions to its advertising regulation:
1. A definition of advertisement;
2. Provisions related to advertisements with respect to the member's professional practice and what would be considered appropriate;
3. A provision related to advertisements that contain reference to prescribed specialties;
4. A provision with respect to advertisements and the member's scope of practice;
5. A provision that states that the advertisement must be comprehensible; and
6. A provision related to the solicitation of business that is appropriate.
To view the proposed advertising regulation, please use the following link to the College website.
May 9, 2013
Comments Due Date:
June 24, 2013
Contact: Melisse Willems, B.A.H., M.A., LL.B. Director of Professional Conduct
Address: 3080 Yonge Street, Suite 5060, Box 71 Toronto, ON M4N 3N1
Telephone: 416-975-5347, ext. 221