Amendments to Various Regulations to Support the Medical Radiation and Imaging Technology Act
1. Amendments to O. Reg. 107/96 (Controlled Acts)
2. Amendments to Regulation 543 (X-Ray Safety Code)
3. Revoking O. Reg. 226/03 (Prescribed Forms of Energy)
Bill or Act:
Summary of Proposal:
The Ministry of Health is proposing regulatory amendments to support the eventual proclamation of the MRITA. This legislation updates the framework that governs radiation and imaging technologists in Ontario.
Specifically, the Ministry of Health will be seeking approval of:
1. Amendments to O. Reg. 107/96 (Controlled Acts) made under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) that would update the College name to be consistent with MRITA and to add a French-language version of the regulation.
2. Amendments to Regulation 543 (X-Ray Safety Code) made under the Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act (HARPA) to update references of the College name and the profession title to be consistent with MRITA.
3. Revoking O. Reg. 226/03 (Prescribed Forms of Energy) made under MRITA as it will be redundant when the entire MRITA is proclaimed.
The intended outcomes are to:
• Accurately reflect the College's full membership of radiation and imaging technologists in a transparent manner; and
• Help the public, employers and other health professionals to understand who the College regulates and that they may turn to the College if there are concerns regarding the conduct or competencies of its member(s).
Should you wish to provide feedback on this proposal, you may provide it by email to RegulatoryProjects@ontario.ca.
Analysis of Regulatory Impact:
If approved, the proposed amendments are not expected to impose additional costs on government, employers, the public, other health regulatory colleges, the profession, and other regulated health professions.
September 10, 2019
Comments Due Date:
October 10, 2019
Ministry of Health
Health Workforce Regulatory Oversight Branch
438 University Ave., 10th floor
Toronto, ON M5G 2K8