Regulation - LGIC
Bill or Act:
Summary of Decision:
The regulation was filed on May 10, 2006.
June 22, 2006
Summary of Proposal:
- de-regulate the forms Assessment Work Performed on Mining Lands and Assessment Work Performed Before Recording a Claim - in order to make it easier to amend the forms. These forms have also been changed to mirror the screens in the Electronic Assessment Work Submission System.
- amend the Application to Record Mining Claim(s) form to incorporate the amendment to the Claim Staking Regulation regarding the role of the recording licensee.
- update the Notice of Intention to Perform Assessment Work form to duplicate necessary information in the Certificate portion from the Notice portion of the form.
- clarify the information required on the Transfer of an Unpatented Mining Claim form
- amend the Notice of Re-staking a Transferred Claim form to require a new application to record without an additional fee
Mining Lands Section
Mineral Development and Lands Branch
Ministry of Northern Development and Mines
6th floor - 933 Ramsey Lake Road
Sudbury, ON P3E 6B5
August 8, 2006