Homes for Special Care Modernization (OPDP)
O. Reg. 201/96
Bill or Act:
Ontario Drug Benefit Act (ODBA)
Summary of Proposal:
• The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is in the process of modernizing its Homes for Special Care (HSC) program.
• The Community Homes for Opportunity (CHO) program is part of the ministry's plan to modernize the HSC program.
• The ministry is proposing an amendment to Ontario Regulation 201/96 (made under the Ontario Drug Benefit Act) to support the CHO program.
• The ministry is proposing to prescribe persons who reside in homes that are part of the CHO program who are insured persons under the Health Insurance Act as a class of eligible persons for the purposes of the Ontario Drug Benefit Act.
• The ministry is proposing that the proposed amendment, if approved, would come into effect on January 1, 2018.
September 20, 2017
Comments Due Date:
October 19, 2017
Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care
Ontario Public Drug Programs
5700 Yonge St., 3rd Floor
Toronto ON M2M 4K5