Regulation Proposal under the Regulatory Modernization Act, 2007
O. Reg. 75/08
Regulation - LGIC
Bill or Act:
Regulatory Modernization Act, 2007
Summary of Decision:
The Designations Regulation (O. Reg. 75/08) came into force on April 4, 2008 except for the publication section and schedule, which will come into force on August 4, 2008.
December 17, 2007
Summary of Proposal:
The proposed regulation(s) would, if approved by Cabinet, prescribe legislation designated for the purposes of:
- Authorizations to collect, use and disclose information
- Publication of specified information, and
- Authorizations to exercise functions under multiple Acts or regulations.
The proposed regulation(s) would, if approved, also prescribe repealed legislation designated for the purposes of:
- Authorizations to collect, use and disclose information, and
- Publication of specified information.
Legislation and repealed legislation could be designated in whole or in part and the designations could be limited, applying only for such purposes as are specified in the proposed regulation(s).
Senior Project Manager
Ministry of Labour
Deputy Minister's Office
Inspections, Investigations and Enforcement Secretariat
123 Edward Street
Phone: (416) 314-5073
Fax: (416) 326-9624
April 4, 2008