Consultation: Proposal to Amend the Regulation for Diving Operations under Occupational Health and Safety Act
Ontario Regulation 629/94
Regulation - LGIC
Bill or Act:
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Summary of Decision:
Amendments have been made to the Diving Operations Regulation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, which come into force on March 1, 2014.
- Align the regulation with current industry standards,
- provide for new work techniques and practices and
- enhance worker safety through training and equipment requirements.
October 28, 2013
Summary of Proposal:
The key components include consulting on:
- aligning the regulation with current industry standards
- provisions for new work techniques and practices
- enhanced worker safety through training and equipment requirements
See links below for more information on this proposal.
Notice to Consultation Participants:
Any personal information collected will be under the authority of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. This is in compliance with section 38 (2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Please note that your comments, submissions, identity and organizational affiliation will become part of the public record and may be released during or following the consultation process.
Diving Regulation Update Project:
Ontario Ministry of Labour
12th Floor - 400 University Avenue
March 1, 2014