Amendments to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Regulation (O.Reg. 452/09) and Guideline
Bill or Act:
Environmental Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990
Summary of Decision:
As a result of the significant further changes proposed for the greenhouse gas reporting regulation and guideline for greenhouse gas emissions reporting, the Ministry has closed the regulation proposal under EBR Registry Number 012-2618 and incorporated any relevant changes into a new regulatory proposal for consultation.
Public consultation on the new proposed regulation and guideline is taking place under EBR Registry Number 012-4549.
December 5, 2014
Summary of Proposal:
The Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change is seeking comments on proposed amendments to the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Regulation (O.Reg. 452/09) and Guideline, including:
1. Changes to the Global Warming Potential (GWP) values to adopt internationally-accepted values
2. Clarification on verification statements
3. Clarification on temporary and partial closures
4. Changes to the guideline to remain consistent with requirements in other provinces
5. Streamline director approvals in the guideline
6. Other administrative updates
September 14, 2015