Jogues Boundary Expansion and addition of Power of Sewage
Regulation - Minister
Bill or Act:
Northern Services Board Act, R.S.O 1990, Chapter L.28
Summary of Decision:
In April 2013, the LSB underwent all of the necessary steps according to the Northern Services Board Act (NSBA) to request an expansion to its boundaries and acquire the power of sewage. This included consultation with surrounding communities as well as a vote put forward to the inhabitants for both requests. Inhabitants voted unanimously in favour of the requests. The boundary expansion would increase the LSB household count from 156 (original boundary) to 184 (expanded boundary). The power of sewage would allow the LSB to acquire, establish, operate and maintain sewage works or contract for the collection and treatment of sewage.
MNDM completed the due diligence and the requests were approved by the Minister of Northern Development and Mines. The regulation was executed on October 7, 2013 by the Minister.
Summary of Proposal:
1. (1) Subsection 20 (2) of Regulation 737 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The boundaries of the Board area are those described in the Schedule.
(2) Subsection 20 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) The Board may exercise the powers set out in paragraphs 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9 of the Schedule to the Act.
(3) Section 20 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following Schedule:
All that parcel or tract of land in the geographic Townships of Lowther, Way, Kendall and Shetland in the Territorial District of Cochrane, described as follows:
All of lots 24 to 29 both inclusive in Concessions I to VII both inclusive in the geographic Township of Kendall;
All of lots 1 to 20 both inclusive in Concession XII in the geographic Township of Lowther;
All of lots 24 to 29 both inclusive in Concession XII in the geographic Township of Shetland;
All of lots 1 to 20 both inclusive in Concessions I to VII both inclusive in the geographic Township of Way.
447 McKeown Ave, Ste 203
North Bay ON P1B 9S9
October 7, 2013