Oneida Nation of the Thames Long-Term Care Home
Regulation - LGIC
Bill or Act:
Nursing Home Act
Summary of Decision:
This regulation amendment was cancelled.
The Oneida had expected to be opening their home in early 2010. We were advised that they had a number of construction issues for their LTC home and were not able to open before July 1, 2010.
The amendment to the Nursing Homes Act regulation was therefore not necessary because Oneida is already one of the excepted homes in the Long-Term Care Homes Act regulation (see below) proclaimed on July 1, 2010.
Exemptions, certain homes
316. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the long-term care homes set out in the Table to this section are exempt from Part III of the Act.
(2) Clause 44 (11) (d) and sections 46 and 50 of the Act apply to the long-term care homes set out in the Table to this section, except that references to the placement co-ordinator shall be read as references to the licensee of the home.
Item Long-Term Care Home
1. Iroquois Lodge Nursing Home, Ohsweken
2. Wikwemikong Nursing Home, Wikwemikong
3. Akwesasne Adult Care Centre, Cornwall
4. Oneida Nation of the Thames Long-Term Care Home, Southwold
January 15, 2010
Summary of Proposal:
To amend Schedule 3 of O. Reg. 832 under the Nursing Homes Act (pursuant to s. 105(3) of the Regulation and the regulation power provided in s. 38 (1) (27) under the Act by adding Oneida to the list of homes in Schedule 3.
The Nursing Homes Act regulates the admission process into nursing homes (now referred to as LTC homes). Under this legislation, only Community Care Access Centres, as the placement co-ordinators, have the authority to authorize the admission of persons into these homes. However, the legislation allows for exemptions from requirements of the legislation to be made by regulation. Section 105 (3) of O. Reg. 832 under the Nursing Homes Act provides that the LTC homes set out in Schedule 3 are exempt from section 20.1 of the legislation.
5th Floor Hepburn Block
LHIN Liaison Branch
80 Grosvernor Street
Toronto ON M7A 1R3
July 1, 2010