Regulations to support the transition from the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA) to the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017 (CYFSA) respecting Funding & Accountability matters (LGIC)
Regulation - LGIC
Bill or Act:
Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017
Summary of Decision:
Regulation in force on April 30, 2018.
Analysis of Regulatory Impact:
As part of its obligations under the Reducing Regulatory Cost for Business Act, 2017 (RRCBA), the ministry has conducted the Regulatory Impact Analysis (RIA) to identify incremental direct compliance costs, including administrative costs, to for-profit child and youth service providers (businesses). Under the RRCBA, the ministry is required to report on total incremental administrative costs to businesses. The majority of child and youth service providers subject to the CYFSA are not-for-profit service providers and are not included in this analysis.
The proposed regulatory provisions identified in this posting fall under the CYFSA Transitional Matters LGIC regulation (O. Reg. 157/18). There are no annual incremental administrative costs to businesses associated with the CYFSA Transitional Matters LGIC regulation.
December 11, 2017
Summary of Proposal:
The Ministry is proposing a regulation to set out transitional rules for the following matters relating to "Funding and Accountability" arising from the repeal of the CFSA and the enactment of the CYFSA. The Ministry proposes to provide for the following matters made under the CFSA to continue to apply under the CYFSA:
- Terms and conditions imposed on "approved agencies", until the agency enters into a funding agreement with the Minister. "Approved agencies" is a concept that exists under the CFSA but will no longer exist under the CYFSA;
- Designations of children's aid societies;
- Accountability agreements between the Minister and children's aid societies, until new accountability agreements are entered into under the CYFSA;
- Directives issued to children's aid societies; and,
- Appointments of local directors by children's aid societies.
Ministry of Children and Youth Services
56 Wellesley St West, 15th Floor
Toronto, ON M5S 2S3
April 30, 2018