Ontario College of Trades- Proposed Regulatory Provisions
Regulation - Other
Bill or Act:
Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act 2009
Summary of Decision:
The approved regulations will:
- amend two trade names in Ontario Regulation 278/11 (comes into force on the day it is filed);
- remove a trade's scope of practice from Ontario Regulation 275/11 (comes into force on the day it is filed);
- require public notice for meetings and hearings that are open to the public (comes into force April 8, 2013); and,
- name geographic areas for the Appointments Council to take into consideration when carrying out its appointment duties (comes into force April 8, 2013).
October 19, 2012
Summary of Proposal:
The Ontario College of Trades (the College) was established to regulate all approved trades in Ontario and to modernize the apprenticeship and skilled trades system in the province.
Under section 72 of OCTAA, the College's Board of Governors may make regulations pertaining to a variety of subject matters, subject to the prior review of the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) and the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
The College is inviting stakeholder feedback and public comment on a package of proposed regulations related tothe following matters:
- amending two trade names in Ontario Regulation 278/11;
- removing a trade's scope of practice from Ontario Regulation 275/11;
- public notice required for meetings and hearings that are open to the public;
- naming geographic areas for the Appointments Council to take into consideration when carrying out its appointment duties; and
- governing of the establishment of apprenticeship programs.
To review the proposed regulations and instructions for submitting comments on them, please visit the College's website via the link in the "Further Information" section below.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not submit comments using the email link at the bottom of this page. The College will only consider comments submitted through a completed comment form which is available on the College's website.
900 Bay Street
23rd Floor, Mowat Block
Toronto, ON M7A 1L2
April 8, 2013